10 Ideas use Bunk bed in your interior
If you have two or more children, and the children’s room is one, and that does not have a large area, the bunk bed is the best way to create berths. But on this function of this incredibly practical, space-saving housing of a piece of furniture does not end. We invite you to familiarize yourself with a hundred modern design projects of rooms with bunk beds, find out the criteria for choosing the material and the way of execution, find inspiration for creating an individual design
Bunk bed: selection criteria
Beds located in two tiers are mainly used in children’s rooms, in which two or more children live. The obvious need to save useful space is relevant not only for small children’s rooms, in medium-sized and large-sized rooms, parents also try to leave as much free space as possible for active games, creativity and sports. But at the same time. The bunk bed should not only effectively save the useful area of the room, but also serve as a convenient and ergonomic bed for children.
So, the bunk bed should be:
- Made of high-quality material, durable and natural;
- Have a manufacturer’s certificate, which indicates not only the technological characteristics of the product, but also the maximum growth, the weight of children;
- The model should be practical (in fact it is a child’s room, mostly), comfortable, meet the rules of ergonomics (for orthopedics will be responsible not so much the skeleton of the bed as the base and the mattress);
- The bed should be stable – check in the store the assembled model for rocking, because children will arrange a new piece of furniture for a real “crash test”;
- The bed should be liked by children and correspond to the chosen style of decorating the children’s room (often these criteria are difficult to fulfill and, as an alternative to ready solutions, parents have to resort to individual production of a bed in two tiers);
- The last one on the list, but one of the first important conditions – the bed should be safe (the upper sleeper should be equipped with protective edges, the ladder should have a slope and comfortable steps, it is desirable to have a handrail or handles for convenient support while moving between bed levels).